Friday, March 23, 2012

Inspirations

So this past week I had the opportunity to hear some pretty amazing people speak and I just wanted to share with you some of the notes I took of the thing s that stuck out to me.  
The first man I was able to hear from was Chad Hymas.  I briefly mentioned him in my last post, but I wanted to tell you a little bit more about him and his message.  Chad was paralyzed 10 years ago in a farming accident and has turned himself into one of the top motivational speakers you will ever hear.  The day of his accident he was on his way home to see his son who had taken his first steps that day, little did he know that would also be the day he would take his last steps.  One of the questions Chad asked us was, "Are you willing to change a habit for someone else?"  He told us, it was never about you.  When he was in the hospital after his accident, his dad came in to see him and he asked Chad, "are you just going to sit there?"  Chad's first initial response was, well yeah, I 'm paralyzed dad, not much I can do.  Chad quickly turned that attitude around and has made such an amazing story of his trials.  Chad travels all over the world speaking.  One very powerful statement that Chad made to us that day is that a lot of us are more paralyzed than he will ever be.  That is really so true.  How many of us let little things like fear hold us back from things we would like to do.   A few other really good statements he made are:
"Give more than you take."
"Don't be a talker, be a doer."
"Focus on what you still have and not what you have lost."
"Don't wait to be asked."
"Give other people hope by your actions."
I strongly recommend that if you ever get the opportunity to hear him speak, that you do.  I promise you will not regret it.

Another great man I have had the opportunity to hear from a couple times this past week is Dr. Marcus Laux.  Dr. Laux is a doctor that specializes in natural medicines and has spent 20 years traveling the globe looking for natures medicines.  He also appears on TV regularly teaching others the amazing things he has learned.  There were so many great things I have learned from him, that it would take to long to go into all of them, but I will list some of the things I have in my notes, and I want you to just take the time to think about each of them.
"If you want to save your life, you have to change your life."
"It's not your fault, but it is your responsibility."
"Persistence not perfection"
"You are AMAZING"
"Imagine what you will know tomorrow."
"Become a lighthouse and shine for others to see."
"The hardest thing to widen is a narrow mind."
"Watch not only what you eat, but what is eating you." (in your mind)
"Single best thing you can do is exercise."
"The body knows how to correct itself."
Another couple of things he told us that I wanted to explain more, he said that when going to the grocery store and shopping for produce and other things, and you don't know what type of food it is, you can look at the numbers on the labels to tell. If the first number is 4 then it is a conventional product, if it is a 9 it is organic and if it is an 8 it is a GMO (genetically modified).  I haven't had a chance to look at any products to test this out yet, but I found it very interesting and helpful.  Another interesting thing he taught me was about sweat.  The first 10-15 minutes of sweating, is just that, sweat.  But after that you will notice that your sweat starts to feel a little greasy, and that is because you are actually melting the fat inside you body and it is coming out of your pores.  It is very important to shower or atleast wipe it off, otherwise your body will reabsorb it.  The next time you get super sweaty, wipe some of the sweat on your fingers and rub them together and you can feel for yourself that it feels greasy.  I tried it this morning after running.

So you can see that I have been up to a lot of good learning lately.  I know it is a lot of info and I would be happy to expound on anything more you would like.  Knowledge is power and I definitely need as much power as I can get right now.  If any of you have any great knowledge to share with me, I welcome all I can get.

I also had my weekly weigh in yesterday and was down 3.6lbs for the week, for a total of 56.6lbs.  Moving right along!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the insights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome quotes/information! I never knew that about sweat. I will be paranoid about hopping in the shower right away from now on! You are doing so well. I continue to be very impressed.

    ReplyDelete